- PFL introduces its brand new Challenger Series ahead of the 2022 season
- One fighter each week will either get a contract into the tournament or a developmental deal
- See the PFL Challenger Series 1 odds, along with our best bet predictions
The PFL has made strides in the MMA world with their regular season and playoff format like the big four sports with the winner of each tournament cashing $1 million. PFL Challenger Series 1 goes down on Friday, February 18 from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida, with the card airing live on Fubo TV. The main event of the first episode sees former LFA champ-champ Josh Silveira take on Mohamed Juma.
PFL is launching the Challenger Series for the first time where celebrity judges will decide which fighters get a contract. Some of the celebrities that are already confirmed to judge the events are Mike Tyson, and NFL stars Todd Gurley and Ray Lewis.
Let’s take a look at the PFL Challenger series odds as we decipher our best bets.
PFL Challenger Series 1 Odds
Odds as of Feb. 16 at FanDuel Sportsbook App
Unfortunately for American sports bettors, the only odds available to bet are at FanDuel Sportsbook. DraftKings, BetMGM, and Caesars Sportsbook do not provide the same range of MMA odds that FanDuel does.
Silveira Heavily Favored in PFL Challenger Series Odds
Joshua Silveira is the son of the American Top Team coach, Conan Silveira, who has coached the likes of Amanda Nunes, Colby Covington, and countless others. He’s also the former LFA middleweight and light heavyweight champion. So, it was a surprise to see the UFC not give him a deal, but he looks to enter the PFL when he faces South Sudan native and UAE Warriors veteran, Mohamed Juma.
Silveira (7-0) is coming off a decision victory over Jered Revel back in December to win the vacant LFA middleweight title. Prior to that, he scored a 49-second KO win over Tee Cummins to win the vacant LFA light heavyweight belt. He also holds a notable win over Rafael Viana.
Mohamed Juma (8-2) lost his last fight in UAE Warriors as he was DQ’d in his fight against Sofiane Boukichou. Prior to that, he was on an eight-fight winning streak but didn’t fight anyone of note.
Silveira & Juma Stats
This should be a very exciting fight for as long as it lasts as both men have legit one-punch KO power. However, Silveira has been more impressive and he has more tools to win this game as he has a very good ground game.
UFC Vegas 48 Odds, Picks & Predictions – Walker vs Hill
I expect this fight to stay standing for the majority of the first round, with both men finding success. In the second round, however, Silveira will start going to his wrestling and will get Juma down, and either get a ground and pound TKO win or a submission victory.
The undefeated fighter is a great parlay piece for this weekend and can even be parlayed with some of the UFC fighters we like in the UFC Vegas 48 odds. Silveira will also get a PFL contract for this upcoming season.
Pick: Josh Silveira (-550)
Other PFL Challenger Series 1 Picks:
- Alexander Poppeck (+146): Poppeck’s three losses are to current or former UFC fighters, including Jamahal Hill on the Contender Series, who’s headlining this UFC card. Johnson, meanwhile, is a Bellator veteran, but Poppeck is the better striker and will be able to out-volume Johnson to win a decision.
- Bruce Souto (-156): Souto has fought the better competition and will be able to take Fagundes down and control him on the ground and eventually find the stoppage in the second or third round.
- Simeon Powell (-270): Powell seems like a legit prospect, and I expect him to get a first-round TKO win, but it’s just too soon in his career to get the deal.
The post PFL Challenger Series 1 Odds and Picks – Silveira vs Juma appeared first on Sports Betting Dime.