- The second round of the NCAA Tournament tips-off on Saturday (March 19th)
- Top seed Gonzaga, fresh off a 21-point victory over Georgia State, takes on Memphis after its upset win over Boise State
- See below for Saturday’s round of 32 March Madness odds
Second round action at the NCAA Tournament gets underway on Saturday (March 20th) with some of the most prominent programs in college basketball look to punch their ticket to the Sweet 16.
That list is led by Gonzaga, the number one team in the nation, who will enter play as a double-digit favorite for the 21st straight game.
Second Round Odds (Saturday, March 19)
|(11) Michigan||+6 (-110)||+210||Over 136 (-110)|
|(3) Tennessee||-6 (-110)||-260||Under 136 (-110)|
|(12) Richmond||+3 (-110)||+130||Over 134.5 (-106)|
|(4) Providence||-3 (-110)||-150||Under 134.5 (-116)|
|(9) Memphis||+10.5 (-110)||+600||Over 154 (-110)|
|(1) Gonzaga||-10.5 (-110)||-900||Under 154 (-110)|
|(8) North Carolina||+5.5 (-110)||+190||Over 149.5 (-110)|
|(1) Baylor||-5.5 (-110)||-235||Under 149.5 (-110)|
|(12) New Mexico State||+6 (-110)||+202||Over 138.5 (-110)|
|(4) Arkansas||-6 (-110)||-250||Under 138.5 (-110)|
|(9) Creighton||+8.5 (-110)||+310||Over 136 (-110)|
|(1) Kansas||-8.5 (-110)||-400||Under 136 (-110)|
|(5) Saint Mary’s||+3 (-110)||+128||Over 126.5 (-110)|
|(4) UCLA||-3 (-110)||-154||Under 126.5 (-110)|
|(15) Saint Peter’s||+8 (-110)||+275||Over 129.5 (-110)|
|(7) Murray State||-8 (-110)||-345||Under 129.5(-110)|
Odds as of March 17th at Caesars Sportsbook and FanDuel Sportsbook. See all available Caesars Sportsbook promos. Check back on Friday for additional second-round odds as they become available.
One college basketball blue blood you won’t see again during this year’s edition of March Madness is Kentucky. The 2-seed Wildcats were stunned by 15-seed Saint Peter’s, just one of many upsets on a wild Thursday.
Biggest and Smallest Spreads
Back to Gonzaga, who overcame a slow start in its opening round matchup versus Georgia State to win 93-72. The Bulldogs failed to cover as 22.5-point favorites, and opened up as the 10.5 point chalk on Saturday in the college basketball odds over 9-seed Memphis.
Celebrate every win 💯 pic.twitter.com/gcZMNFpP0H
— Gonzaga Basketball (@ZagMBB) March 18, 2022
That line is the highest on the board so far in the Second Round, but Gonzaga hasn’t exactly been ATS giants recently. They’ve failed to cover in six of their past eight outings, but it’s worth noting that this line is tied for the lowest number they’ve been favored by since early December.
— NCAA March Madness (@MarchMadnessMBB) March 17, 2022
Despite the lack of covers, the Zags have still won 19 of their past 20 overall, with each of those victories coming by double-digits.
Their opponent Memphis meanwhile, is red-hot. The Tigers are fresh off off a run to the American Tournament Final and have posted 13 wins in their past 15 contests.
The tightest spread of the Second Round so far belongs to Richmond and Providence. The Friars are currently favored by 3 points, after disposing of trendy sleeper South Dakota State. The Spiders on the other hand, followed up their A-10 Title performance by shocking Big Ten champs Iowa on Thursday.
— A-10 Champs 🏆 🕷 (@RollSpides) March 17, 2022
Neither of these teams are expected to be players in the Final Four odds, and a victory on Saturday will likely set up a date with the Midwest’s top seed Kansas in the Sweet 16.
Grab the 6 Best NCAA Tournament Betting Promo Codes for Round of 64
Highest and Lowest Totals
Not surprisingly, Gonzaga and Memphis are also featured in the highest totalled game of the slate at 154. The Bulldogs led the nation in points per game (87.8) and field goal percentage (52.7%). They put up 90+ points on Thursday for the 12th time this season, and saw their odds to win March Madness shrink to +275 along the way.
See you Saturday 👊
— Gonzaga Basketball (@ZagMBB) March 17, 2022
Memphis is no offensive slouch themselves, ranking 49th in offensive efficiency per KenPom. The Bulldogs saw their first tournament game exceed the total by 16 points, while the Tigers’ contest versus Boise State fell 16.5 points below the number.
The lowest total on the board so far belongs to Richmond and Providence at 134.5. Both programs saw their First Round games fail to exceed 130 points, with the Spiders’ contest falling 20 points under the total, and the Friars’ outing coming up 25 points short of the number.
We get 40 more minutes pic.twitter.com/li7FBqOjVm
— Providence MBB (@PCFriarsmbb) March 18, 2022
Coming in just north of the Richmond and Providence total, is the Michigan vs Tennessee matchup at 136. The Volunteers rank third in the nation in defensive efficiency, and just held Longwood to 56 points. They’ve limited 12 of their last 13 opponents to 68 points or less, holding five of those teams to fewer than 60 points.
Statement win for @Vol_Hoops 👀
— NCAA March Madness (@MarchMadnessMBB) March 17, 2022
The Wolverines on the other hand, have struggled at both ends of the court at times this season, but overcame a 15-point first half deficit to Colorado State on Thursday thanks to a brilliant final 20 minutes. They outscored the Rams by 19 in the second half, holding CSU to 35% from the field for the game.
Other March Madness Content
Second Round Game Previews (Saturday)
- Baylor vs UNC Odds, Lines, and Spread (12:10 am ET)
- Michigan vs Tennessee Odds and Picks (12:30 pm ET)
- Richmond vs Providence Odds, Lines and Spread (tip-off TBD)
First Round Game Previews (Friday)
- Loyola Chicago vs Ohio State Odds and Picks (12:15 pm ET)
- Jacksonville State vs Auburn Picks and Odds (12:40 pm ET)
- Montana State vs Texas Tech Odds, Lines and Spread (1:45 pm ET)
- Yale vs Purdue Picks and Odds (2:00 pm ET)
- Delaware vs Villanova Odds, Lines and Spread (2:45 pm ET)
- Miami vs USC Odds and Picks (3:10pm ET)
- Notre Dame vs Alabama Picks and Odds (4:15 pm ET)
- Virginia Tech vs Texas Odds, Lines and Spread (4:30 pm ET)
- Chattanooga vs Illinois Odds and Picks (6:30 pm ET)
- Cal State Fullerton vs Duke Picks and Odds (7:10 pm ET)
- Iowa State vs LSU Odds, Lines and Spread (7:20 pm ET)
- Wright State vs Arizona Prediction (7:27 pm ET)
- UAB vs Houston Picks and Odds (9:20pm ET)
- Davidson vs Michigan State Odds, Lines and Spread (9:40 pm ET)
- Colgate vs Wisconsin Odds and Picks (9:50 pm ET)
- East Region Odds — Baylor Earns Top Seed, Kentucky Favored
- Midwest Region Odds See Kansas Favored Over Auburn, Iowa and Wisconsin
- South Region Odds: Arizona +110 Favorites, Tennessee & Houston Sleepers
- West Regional Odds: Gonzaga Odds-On Favorite to Reach Final Four
The post March Madness Second Round Odds – Opening Point Spreads, Moneylines, Totals for Round of 32 appeared first on Sports Betting Dime.