- It’s Liverpool vs Manchester United in the EPL on Tuesday, April 19 at 3:00 pm ET
- The Reds are just a single point behind Man City with seven games to go
- We preview the game, look at the Liverpool vs Manchester United odds, and offer some picks below
It is Liverpool vs Manchester United at Anfield on Tuesday, April 19 at 3:00 pm ET in the EPL. The latest chapter in English soccer’s biggest rivalry sees them go head-to-head with the Reds desperate for a win to keep the pressure on United’s city rivals as they battle for the title.
We preview Liverpool vs Manchester United and offer below the best picks for this huge EPL clash.
Liverpool vs Manchester United Odds
Odds as of April 18 at Barstool Sportsbook
The bookies have Liverpool listed as big favorites in the EPL odds at -250, which comes with a 69% implied probability of a win, compared to Manchester United’s +650 with an implied probability of 13%. The draw also offers an excellent return at +425, with an implied probability of 18%.
Over/Under and Spread
They list over 3.5 goals in plus money at +130, which is a realistic bet given that Liverpool averages 2.5 goals per game alone and are the league’s top scorers. There is little value in betting under 2.5, which is pitched at -200.
If you’re new to this sport and want to know how to bet on soccer then our page offers help on how to bet on this game and others like it.
Liverpool vs Manchester United Prediction
A record-breaking quadruple is still on for the Reds after they beat Man City 3-2 in the FA Cup semifinal at Wembley on Saturday. With the League Cup already in the bag, they now have another date at Wembley in May, this time against Chelsea, as they try to add the FA Cup to their collection.
Another massive week coming up… 🔴
Let’s do this, 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 ✊ pic.twitter.com/gr6Ad9QoRs
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) April 18, 2022
Such is the momentum of Jurgen Klopp’s men right now, it feels as if anything is possible for the Reds and the psychological effect of beating Man City may give them the edge as they enter the final straight of the EPL campaign. What they cannot afford to do is slip up in games like this and the German will be trying to take the emotion out of the occasion for his players and make it just another game – even though it isn’t.
On repeat 🔁😘 pic.twitter.com/5Z1Hb4q4oE
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) April 17, 2022
Mane the Main Man
Sadio Mane has emerged as Liverpool’s key man over the last few weeks, eclipsing even the brilliant Mo Salah, and the key to Tuesday’s contest will be how the United back-four can handle his power and movement – something the Man City defense struggled to do at the weekend. Harry Maguire and co will need to handle him better than they did Norwich’s Teemu Pukki at the weekend.
Liverpool vs Manchester United Head-to-Head Stats
|22-7-2||EPL record in 2021-22||15-9-8|
|79 / 22||Goals for / Goals against||52 / 44|
|607.26||Passes per match||504.94|
|18.7||Average shots per game||14.6|
|W-W-W-W-W-D||EPL form guide||L-W-L-D-L-W|
Man Utd on the Ropes
United’s woes on and off the pitch continue, and despite beating bottom-side Norwich City at the weekend, it was a disjointed and uninspiring display. It was also played in an unsettled Old Trafford atmosphere, with protests ongoing around the club’s ownership and direction. Luckily for the Red Devils, it was business as usual for Cristiano Ronaldo, as the Portuguese superstar hit a hat-trick in their narrow 3-2 win.
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) April 18, 2022
Manager Ralf Rangnick spoke afterwards of the unacceptable performance level of his team and will know only too well that a similar showing against Liverpool would almost certainly end in defeat. He and United’s fans will be hoping that the occasion and the latest chapter in one of the greatest rivalries in soccer will lift his players.
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) April 17, 2022
Cristiano Still the King
Ronaldo will, as ever, be key to United’s chances of getting anything from this game, and despite the ongoing debate around whether he is one of the root causes of United’s struggles, he remains their leading goalscorer and most potent attacking threat. And, as he proved against Norwich, he is still capable of delivering those deadly free-kicks that were once his trademark.
Liverpool vs Manchester United Team Lineups and Injuries
Liverpool Projected Lineup: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago; Salah, Jota, Mane.
Liverpool Injuries: None.
Man Utd Projected Lineup: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Telles; Matic, Pogba; Elanga, Fernandes, Rashford; Ronaldo.
Man Utd Injuries: Fred, McTominay, Cavani, Shaw, Varane.
Get the Best Barstool Sportsbook Promo Code For April
Liverpool vs Manchester United Picks
It is very hard to make a case for a United win here, even allowing for the Ronaldo factor, and with the Red machine seemingly unstoppable right now, it feels more of a question of how many. If United’s defensive showing against the Canaries is anything to go by, the 3-0 Liverpool win at +850 looks like excellent value.
Pick: Liverpool to win 3-0 (+850) / Over 3.5 goals (+130)
The post Liverpool vs Manchester United Odds & Prediction – Premier League April 19 appeared first on Sports Betting Dime.