- A bantamweight battle headlines week 8 of Dana White’s Contender Series
- Fighters square off on Tuesday night in Las Vegas
- Read below the Basharat vs Begosso odds along with the lines for the undercard and best bets of the week
Dana White’s Contender Series Week 8 gets underway on Tuesday night. The last few weeks have been full of aggressive fighters looking to finish, and fans will be hoping for more of the same with this week’s card.
A bantamweight matchup between Farid Basharat and Allan Begosso headlines the card.
As usual, this card takes place on Tuesday (September 13th) at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Dana White’s Contender Series Week 8 Odds
Odds as of September 12th at Draftkings Sportsbook. Get the Draftkings Sportsbook promo code.
Heavy favorites headline tomorrow’s Dana White’s Contender Series week 8 card. Ikram Aliskerov enters as a massive -580 betting favorite over Mario Sousa, while in the main event, Farid Basharat is a -295 favorite of Allan Begosso. The value may lie further down the card on Tuesday night. Bruna Brasil offers much less juice as a -170 favorite over Marnic Mann.
Farid Basharat vs Allan Begosso Odds & Pick
Fighting out of Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas, Farid Basharat should feel right at home hopping in the Octagon on Tuesday night. The Afghani-born fighter has reeled off eight straight wins to begin his career with six finishes. He’ll be looking to add to those totals on week 8 of Dana White’s Contender Series.
Basharat possesses a diverse skill set very much suited to modern mixed martial arts. He has a legit all-around fight game that will be put to the test against a game opponent. Look for Basharat to establish a rhythm early and control the pace in this bantamweight scrap.
Allan Begosso fights out of Uriah Faber’s famed Team Alpha Male. The Brazilian has just one loss on his record and will be looking to add another highlight reel finish this week. He has a penchant for flair as he demonstrated by finishing his last fight with a spectacular flying knee. Crucially, Begosso covers distance very well and has the power to finish his opponent at any moment. However, styles make fights and Basharat’s grappling advantage is too much to overlook in this one.
Ultimately, Begosso has some power and a nice guillotine choke, but we like Basharat to control the pace and come out on top.
Pick: Farid Basharat to win (-295)
Claim Instant Bonus Money With the Best Football Betting Sites, Apps, and Promos!
Other Dana White’s Contender Series Week 8 Picks:
- Only Dana White knows why Ikram Aliskerov is fighting on the Contender Series and is not already in the UFC. The Russian’s only loss is to undefeated monster Khamzat Chamaev, whom UFC fans should remember from this past weekend’s card. He has multiple Sambo gold medals and is a champion in the BRAVE promotion. Don’t overthink this one. Take Ikram Aliskerov -580.
- Trevor Peek has heavy hands and is capable of ending this fight with one combo. However, Malik Lewis possesses better footwork, wrestling and cardio. From the film, this looks like a complete mismatch. Bet Malik Lewis -195.
- The matchup between Bruna Brasil and Marnic Mann is fantastic for women’s MMA. A battle of a technical striker versus a pure brawler. Look for Bruna to keep her opponent at a distance, control the tempo, and win by decision. Take Bruna Brasil -170.
The post Dana White’s Contender Series Season 6 Week 8 Odds & Picks – Basharat vs Begosso appeared first on Sports Betting Dime.